Monday, May 5, 2008

Oh the joys of Spring. - Las maravillas de la Primavera

Por fin llego la Primavera y los dias calidos aca en Utah. Hasta ahora hacia frio un dia y calor el otro, el tiempo es muy loco, pero estos ulimos dias fueron hermosos, las flores estan floreciendo, el cesped creciendo cada vez mas verde y los yuyos... bueno mejor ni mencionarlos (nos estan volviendo locos, hay una cantidad innumerable), pero aca hay unas fotitos para que vean como disfrutamos estar afuera. Derek adora estar en el fondo, corriendo los pajaros o nuestros dos gatitos, o jugando con agua y con barro. Y yo cada dia me gusta mas plantar verduras y otras plantas. He descubierto que la jardineria me fascina. Aca van unas fotos de mis plantitas que comence dentro de casa con semillas porque afuera se hubieran congelado. Ya plante lechuga, tomate, sandia, y melon con semillas. Me encanta!!, es divertido y se ve la recompensa.

















Spring is finally here with its nice warm days here in Utah. Until recently the wheather has been crazy, one day snows and the next day is 80 degrees!!! but the last few days have been beautiful. The flowers and blooming, the grass is growing nice and green and the weeds... WELL, I better not mention them (they're driving us up the wall!!!.. there's an infinite number of them). But here are a few pictures so you can see how much we enjoy the outdoors, especially Derek, he loves chasing the birds or our cats, or playing with water and mud. And as for me, every day I enjoy more gardening. I've realized that I really enjoy gardening. I've started some veggies from seed inside the house because outside they would have frozen. I've germinated, lettuce, tomatoes, cantaloupe and watermelon. I love it!! It's fun and rewarding!!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love all the flowers too!! I agree this weather won't make up its mind, but it has been nice with the few warm days we have had. :) Derek is so cute...all his curly hair! Your plants look great by the way! I am so excited to grow something this year too!